Social Media Traffic – how it works
According to the social media strategy, your traffic can have various sources, moreover it can be the root of other traffic streams that complete and enrich the website. Usually when you start a social media grouping traffic starts to flow naturally. As far as you get followers and people become more motivated to support your brand social media websites work independently.
No matter how many channels in your social media marketing strategy you use, they all should be connected and pushed forward together. Facebook is usually correlated with Instagram. Twitter can follow the steps of Google Plus and Google Local Businesses. Pinterest is more or less autonomous. Linkedin has recently gained a bunch of successful campaigns and reviews. People invest their time and efforts into social media networks that are known to be successful.
There are lots of less crowded and more specialized social media marketing groups like BuzzNet, MySpace, MeetUp, LinkExpats. Sometimes we can find grouping for very specific type of people like dancers, surfers (GoFlow) football players, car amateurs (Drive2) etc.
Building up social media community
When you come up with the idea to create a strong social media group in any of the networks which will last for a long time and acquire new visitors, you should remember that initial steps are the most important. Why is it so? First of all, your followers will learn about your brand after the early interaction with your social media images and news. Try to be unique and specific. Find something catchy and inspiring. Your brand image and your background should stimulate followers as well as newcomers not only to admire but also to participate actively inside your group and to promote it.
That is one of the principles of creating good social media networks – let people do promotion themselves without converting too much effort into the deal. However, you will still have to manager the process, especially at the initial stage. Your accurate posts should be vivid and engaging and should appear gradually as much as your group requires it.
Principles of working with social media
The first month you create a community you live its life. Your posts must be 100% unique. Follow these simple rules when promoting your new community:
- Do not share and repost outside stuff, build your own audience and invest imagination.
- Try to find a topic, a niche or some piece of news that is a natural boom and could be useful and interesting for all ages and genders.
- When you stop publishing your followers will mostly forget about you and your brand. People are usually attracted by new inspiring graphics and seducing calls to action. When you take a pause, your competitors will take advantage of this time.
- Choose interactive posts that stimulate people to act, to participate and to share. Perhaps you create a competition or a virtual meeting, an online seminar or a set of giveaways. Anyway, each of these cute pearls on your wall let people to be literally a part of your group.
- React on the comments, questions, even insults (if there are any) from the side of your followers. Nothing should be neglected or misunderstood. When you notice a discussion between your fans, make an attempt to participate and to solve it.
- Be ahead of your competitors. Even if sometimes you copy from them, that is not a problem. Some brilliant idea should be duplicated from another angle. People will be responsive to it and will appreciate and share it.
- Always prefer a piece of visual or video content. Do not only share articles (if you have a blog, for example). It is very simple. Try to summarize them into infographics or to visual most powerful sides of your blog. You can build comparison charts or motivate people to grade or evaluate your website content and features. You will receive both: some tips on how to improve it and popularity through social media networks.
Brand management through social media
A quality campaign on management of your brand is something that you need when pushing forward your social media. In order to make it more effective, you should set up Google Alerts and monitor messages from those who talked about your product on a daily basis. After that you can re-post the articles where it was done engaging people to link your brand if they were not inspired to do it before.
It is a good practice to provide people with free grateful marketing. More often you can get a piece of advertising from their side. If the post is not likely to be shared, you can still ask them to link the brand or to place a little introduction.
When posting your own creative stories, do not forget to underline the brand and to visualize it in a unique incredible manner. You can organize a set of posts that follow from one another and introduce your brand to people gradually.
Social and organic traffic from social media
First of all, social media solutions will provide you with fresh topic-related traffic of interested followers. If you prepare the campaign thoroughly you are able to get conversion-oriented users. Beside social media search traffic, your organic traffic flow will be increased due to these campaigns. It is more likely to happen if you use Google Plus sources of traffic as Google organizes search results selectively for logged-in users (as most of users are logged-in when searching).
If you actively promote Youtube Channel, there is much probability to appear on top positions for organic search video queries. When posting a backlink at the bottom of your video you are sure to get organic clients flow through the Youtube Channel you created.
Social marketing campaigns
It is the most rapid and calculable method of social marketing. It is based on regular paid post engagement or advertising. Depending on your niche and competitors, this stuff might be really economic. The only thing to remember is that you have to sustain it with community promotion. And if you stop it – the flow of visitors will reduce to minimum. Develop your social media campaigns gradually.
Here are some well-promoted Instagram communities that reached its goals by creativeness and unique approach. They are distinguished by using social media for business.